SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK $16-$18
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33441
Responsible for verifying and keeping records on incoming and/or outgoing shipments; preparing items for shipment and physically receiving and processing inbound shipments.
1. Pulls orders and packs for shipment to customers.
2. Completes packing list and picking ticket copy of sales order with shipped quantities and backorder quantities.
3. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices, orders or other records.
4. Examines shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
5. Determines method of shipping by utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures and rates.
6. Prepares merchandise for shipping.
7. Assembles shipping containers, inserts items into containers using spacers, fillers and/or protective padding.
8. Straps and wraps merchandise as needed.
9. Affixes shipping labels on packed boxes.
10. Posts weights and shipping charges; affixes postage.
11. Completes packing list and picking ticket copy of sales order with shipped quantities and backorder quantities.
12. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
13. Other related duties as required.
1. Receives, processes and checks merchandise and verifies the accuracy of the shipment against the packing list, purchase order and other shipping documents.
2. Notifies Warehouse Manager of damaged or incomplete shipments.
3. Distributes merchandise to appropriate department.
4. Labels incoming merchandise.
5. Maintains inventory location system.
6. Unloads trucks of incoming freight.
High school diploma or equivalent.
3 years of shipping/receiving experience.
Must have experience on Reach/Lift Truck and Sitdown
Candidates must have experience with parcel carriers (Fed Ex, UPS, DHL) and LTL (less than truck load) shipping with the national trucking companies (Fed Ex Freight, ABF, Old Dominion, Yellow Freight).
Culmin Staffing Group, Inc. Is committed to equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability or any other protected status.